Monday, July 25, 2011

What I have told my kids

I have two kids, ages five and seven.  They have gone with me to a few appointments over the last 6 weeks or so while I was getting ready for surgery.  I explained to them that something isn't quite right with mommy's tummy and the doctors are going to fix it.  (I stayed in the hospital for 24 hours so they knew something was up.)

Now that I am about a month out from surgery, they see that my incisions are healing up, I can go swimming, and start eating "real food."  My son did announce at dinner that "I am eating more than Mom, how is she going to grow?"  My husband and I just laughed but told him that my tummy doesn't want me to have too much food...it can only handle a little at a time or I will start having problems again.

Does that seem like an appropriate amount of information to give them?  What did you tell your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment