Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trying something new

I took the advice of the super successful LapBandGal today.  A few weeks ago she blogged about making herself go to the FRONT of the room for Jazzercise or Zumba.  She said that being in the front makes her work harder....she might just have something there.

Now I love to exercise (don't be annoyed) but I NEVER, I repeat, NEVER stand in the front of the room.  I don't want to have to look at myself in the mirror, I don't want the people behind me to have to see my fat jiggle, I really don't know the moves that well, and I am usually sucking wind.  That said, this morning I got to the gym early for Zumba and picked a spot way up in the front.  I didn't know the moves well, my fat was jiggling, I only glanced at myself in the mirror a few times, & I was sweating..........BUT I did work hard because the teacher was right there...I couldn't hide and half-ass it.  She kept making eye-contact so I had to smile and try and put my all into it.

Darn it....I guess I should always go to the front.

1 comment: