Wow! What a crazy week. I didn't intend for THURSDAY to be the only day I post something but.......
1. Being back at work has shown me that stress is one of my food triggers. All I want to do these days is munch. I find myself trying to replace my food obsession with other things. Diet coke ...I buy a huge one at Circle K a couple times a week to drink at work. Dove Promises...damn those tasty little treats. On-line shopping.....I browse (not while at work!) an awful lot but usually don't actually place the order.
Why can't I become obsessed with cleaning? Or gardening?
2. I am really struggling with my weight...trying to keep it from creeping up. I definitely need more fluid in my band if I want to lose that last 5-10 lbs but I just got a fill. Maybe getting the band up to 2.75 cc will help.
3. I planted some lovely plants in our front yard this weekend...in the 100 degree heat. It's kind of funny how happy those little plants make me when I walk by them. I have NEVER been interested in the yard before but who knows where this will lead.
4. I still
5. Everyone talks about running a half-marathon or doing a sprint triathalon.......Why can't I find a Zumba-thon? Like a 5 hour deal? (I actually looked on-line for one! I found a 2 hour class but it's an hour away from where I live.)
6. My new "go-to" dinner idea is the Kraft "Fresh Takes" for chicken or pork. If you haven't tried these, you should. I bought some with coupons and got them for $0.75 each. My family loves them and they only add 100 calories to my chicken. For me it's totally worth it to have a break from another grilled chicken breast.
7. I ordered two new shirts for Zumba...I am sprucing up my workout wear! Unfortunately, I ordered Large and they are SKIN TIGHT. Nice for the ol' ego huh?? Hopefully, I can exchange them for larger sizes.
8. I am currently obsessed with flavoring my greek yogurt. Add some SF instant pudding mix, a little skim milk, 2 squirts SF Torani or some splenda and I am good to go!!
My fav combinations lately are Pistachio pudding w/ toasted pistachios on top, Butterscotch pudding with SF caramel Torani and cut up banana--maybe a few walnuts too, Lemon pudding with blueberries or strawberries, or Cheesecake pudding with fruit or a few chocolate chips. Yum--o
9. I think I might have gotten the "full" signal at dinner tonight. (it's also TOM so that could be it but I am hoping it's just my band doing it's job.) I know that sounds strange since I have been banded for 15 months BUT my experience with the band has been soooooooooo hit or miss. No restriction or too much restriction. I have NEVER been in the green zone.
10. Looking forward to spending some time with the family this weekend. I am sure you are too!!!