Saturday, July 30, 2011

Buyers Remorse

Well, happy one-month band-a-versary to me!  The 'happy' part is a lie though.  I am one month out from surgery and have been at a plateau for two weeks...yes, you read that right, TWO WEEKS.  Now, prior to surgery, I did do some work on my "eating issues," pretended to have the band so I  followed the "rules" and followed the pre-op diet seriously.... I lost 25 lbs. in 6 months.  (I still have a good 45 lbs. to lose)  Not earth shattering weight loss but it was better than the alternative.....losing nothing and staying obese.

I somehow believed with the virtual calorie defict I was accruing the first few weeks post-op, that I would lose like 10-15 lbs this first month.  (Maybe I was delusional but based on what all of your blogs said about your first month, I didn't think that was too crazy!)  Nope, I lost 6.  I was down to 10 lbs and then started eating like 800 or 1000 (note sarcasm here) calories and my body just said "hey, let's hold on to these!"  I started my period 8 days early, and continued to spot until 2 days ago.  Clearly, something is going on.

The bottom line:  it's hard not to be frustrated when this should be my "big weight loss month" and it's just not.  Have you seen my exercise ticker?????  I am working like a crazy person and the damn scale just refuses to budge.  (btw: my surgeon says I am "doing fine" and "right on track"-- first fill won't be until the 23rd of August.  Ugh!!!!)

I think I want my money back.

1 comment:

  1. don't worry to much!! I promise you will catch up! Lady I am working my butt off right now and I haven't lose a lb!!! You'll get there! I sound like a broken record I know! But I promise!

    ReplyDelete