Saturday, July 30, 2011

Buyers Remorse

Well, happy one-month band-a-versary to me!  The 'happy' part is a lie though.  I am one month out from surgery and have been at a plateau for two weeks...yes, you read that right, TWO WEEKS.  Now, prior to surgery, I did do some work on my "eating issues," pretended to have the band so I  followed the "rules" and followed the pre-op diet seriously.... I lost 25 lbs. in 6 months.  (I still have a good 45 lbs. to lose)  Not earth shattering weight loss but it was better than the alternative.....losing nothing and staying obese.

I somehow believed with the virtual calorie defict I was accruing the first few weeks post-op, that I would lose like 10-15 lbs this first month.  (Maybe I was delusional but based on what all of your blogs said about your first month, I didn't think that was too crazy!)  Nope, I lost 6.  I was down to 10 lbs and then started eating like 800 or 1000 (note sarcasm here) calories and my body just said "hey, let's hold on to these!"  I started my period 8 days early, and continued to spot until 2 days ago.  Clearly, something is going on.

The bottom line:  it's hard not to be frustrated when this should be my "big weight loss month" and it's just not.  Have you seen my exercise ticker?????  I am working like a crazy person and the damn scale just refuses to budge.  (btw: my surgeon says I am "doing fine" and "right on track"-- first fill won't be until the 23rd of August.  Ugh!!!!)

I think I want my money back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. Two things...first I can tell you that my period was totally off for a few months. I spotted a lot, then would skip a month. I've heard this is totally normal post surgery.
    Second, my surgeon was really surprised that I had lost so much weight at my one month check. He said that was not normally the case, since the band was empty. He went so far as to say the weight you lose before that first fill is because of 'you', not the band.
    I hope that helps you feel better about things! Hang in there, you're doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry to much!! I promise you will catch up! Lady I am working my butt off right now and I haven't lose a lb!!! You'll get there! I sound like a broken record I know! But I promise!

    ReplyDelete