Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dancing Shoes!

 
I started tap class last night....yep, tap.  Here is my background into my serious dance training:

I took tap when I was like 6 years old for 8 weeks.  I took tap again back in 1989 or 1990 in college.  You can see where this is going right?

Here I am starting up tap again.  Do I know the moves?  Nope.  Can I make all the sounds with my shoes?  Nope.  Was I laughing like crazy last night when I couldn't get a combination?  YEP! 

It's good for my brain to try and do the combinations & it's good for me to do something just for me.  (I did even break a sweat....I think because the room was hot, not because we were working so hard.)  I needed new tap shoes because the ones from 1989 and pre-kids were soooooo tight.

I also bought Zumba shoes...kind of frivolous but I have been wanting them for a year.  Since it's summer and I am off work, I am able to go to a few Zumba classes a week instead of just Saturday morning.  I think the shoes will make me want to workout harder...........right??  ha ha!  Also, If I am going to be in the front of the class exercising (see yesterday's post) then I better be workin' it.

This is the year I make ME a priority.

p.s. do I get to count my "tap class" minutes on my exercise ticker??

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool!! I took dance for years as a kid! We had to take jazz, ballet, and tap before we could go on point! I hated tap. But I think I would love it now!

    ReplyDelete