Tuesday, June 19, 2012

An update.....to the update...catchy title huh???

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

the saga continues....surprisingly I am in a good mood though.

Ok, went to see my Lap Band dr. today...he squeezed me in....got a complete unfill.  When he took everything out the liquid amounted to 2cc.  yep, I thought I was at 3.5.  Now I know some liquid is still in the tubing but my band is empty.  Surgeon is convinced that my issues are not band related....how can they be with so little in the band????  I am almost a year out...kind of late for a slip....no port pain....would be in the ER if it was erosion....etc.

I feel like he (the surgeon) doesn't even want to go there (i.e. "band hell" where everything that could go wrong does).....I kept asking about a slip or my stomach coming up through the band etc. but he thinks maybe gallbladder or acid reflux disease.  (I am rooting for him to be right but worry that he isn't)

On to doctor #2 today.  The General Practitioner seems to agree w/ surgeon...thinking more likely gallbladder or pancreas issues.  He is having me get the Upper GI tomorrow and then ordered a gallbladder ultrasound for the following week.  Also wants me to start taking an anti-acid daily.

So that's the scoop....at least for now.  Not sure what, if anything, I will find out tomorrow.  Cross your fingers for me that it is NOT a slipped band or erosion. 

5 comments:

  1. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Let us know what you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'd be hoping fot anything buy band problems! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep us posted - F*&$en Dr's they always agree with each other... I hope they are right though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear what you've been through... I'm a 'new' me on my blog: visit me at-
    http://jumpbackdoitagain.blogspot.com/ (instead of Dinnerland, the blog that I got locked out of!)
    I hope you're feeling much better, but never be afraid to post, even if you're not feeling great.
    xo

    ReplyDelete