Monday, June 18, 2012

Update

Due to an insurance SNAFU I wasn't able to get my upper GI today. kind of ironic b/c my insurance did not cover my surgery in the first place but....

Going to the surgeon tomorrow.. Not sure how that is going to go. I will probably get a complete unfill. I am starting to wonder if maybe my issues are NOT band related...maybe that is just hoping.

Through tears today my friend tried to talk me off the ledge....I am panicked that my band is messed up & I will have to get it removed. That would be 13k down the drain and open up a whole lot of worry about how I can maintain with out some help from the band.

The bottom line is something is wrong. I read what you people eat & I can't even imagine eating most of it....i am too busy being in the fetal position for days at a time b/c I had chicken.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything. You are certainly not the first bandster who has issues with their band and sadly won't be the last. I'm so sorry that you are in so much agony and pain. :( If they have to take your band, maybe you can revise to the sleeve in the same surgery?? Here is a message board with a whole topic discussion on band-to-sleeve revisions. Hoping your appt. goes well.

    http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/forum/13-band-to-gastric-sleeve-revisions/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I hope you are able to get the upper GI soon and figure this all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully an un-fill will straighten things out! Good luck girl, and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete