Thanks again to the lovely and hilarious Laura Belle for our TTT.
1. WHY CAN'T I FIGURE OUT HOW TO LINK LAURA BELLE's blog to mine when I try and thank her????? This boggles the shit out of my pea brain!
2. update on my tummy issues: had the upper GI last week. Here's how it went:
*radiologist said "do you have a special kind of lap-band?" (oh shit!! this can't be a good start to the x ray)
my response was NO.... but why? he said "it looks like you have an extra small stoma." I told him that my band was COMPLETELY empty and didn't know what else to say about what is considered a normal sized stoma or not!
Ultimately, he did some measurements, said he didn't see a band slip, and everything with the band looks good. Esophagus looked good. (His report arrived a few days later and confirmed that. Follow-up call and letter by my GP said the same --now on to a gallbladder ultrasound. Going to send reports to band dr. too)
3. I bought my first pair of size 6 shorts last weekend. They do have a little stretch in the denim BUT I will take it. By the way, I think my butt looks good in them!!! That's some good self-talk for a change! Did I mention.........size 6????? I was a size 6 once...for about a week.....back in the 90s when I was taking the miracle diet drug phen-phen....it was such a good week. ha ha!
4. You may not have caught in item #2 but I am completely unfilled. This is a scary place for a food addict. I have made a few bad choices (i.e. a slice of pizza, some orzo pasta, a sandwich from Sub*ay....not that these foods should be totally off limits BUT for the last 7-8 months I COULD NOT eat them b/c my band wouldn't allow me too) but limited the quantity. I am trying to follow the "band rules" even though I know I physically don't have any limitations. Man this is hard.
5. Being off work for the summer means I can work out every day! Yeah for toning!
6. I hit my goal weight of 140 two weeks ago after not eating for a few days because of the the stomach and back pain. It didn't last....I knew it wouldn't.
7. I weighed in at 143.5 today so I still have 3.5 to lose to get to maintenance. I want to maintain between 138-142.
8. Lap-band dr. is out of town. Waiting for him to return to get his advice at how we move forward from here. I am thinking that I just want to go back to maybe 3 cc in my band and see if that will be doable for maintenance. (I am a bit anxious though about how many fills that will take since my body freaks out at the smallest fill--my "paid in full" year is almost up---how expensive will this be??)
9. I purchased new workout wear from Old N*vy on-line. I still have a hard time ordering Mediums...I always want to hedge and at least try large (let alone XL or XXL or plus.) I think my brain has some catching up to do with my new sizes.
10. I know I still haven't posted any pictures. I don't know why......I seem to talk myself out of taking the 'after" pictures. I am going to get over this though---just you wait.