Thursday, January 26, 2012

10 Things Thursday

1.  Final Exam week at my work!  Lots of grading but a little break from teaching....or entertaining..... the students.

2.  Eating Chocolate PB2 in my greek yogurt right now--- apple slices dipped in it....yum

3.  My oldest turned 8 this week.  Will post seperately on that.

4.  I love, love, love the app "Stumble Upon."  You might want to check this out....I love the funny stuff.

5.  I have been trying out recipes from skinnytaste.com this week.  So far the 2 I have made were great.  I have on cooking in the crock pot as we speak...."Chicken Santa Fe."  I will have to let you know how it goes.

6.  Weight has been bouncing back and forth between 159 & 161 this week.  I was pretty excited to hit the 150s and know that I will be firmly in the 150s next week if I just keep doing what I am doing.   

7.  I am about 99% sure that I am going to try to run/walk a half-marathon on June 3rd.  My goal is to run 6.5 of the 13 miles by training with the walk 3 mins./ run 3 mins. theory.  (I have to sign up by the end of this month.  I HATE jogging but have been trying to do it a couple of times a week over the last couple of weeks.  I think this half-marathon will be a good challenge for me.)

8.  I am going to get a mani-pedi tomorrow!!!  Yipee!  (Kind of sad that I am so excited over this.)

9.  Pretty sure we have ourselves a landscape contractor who can work with our budget!  If everything goes well our yard will be started in about 3 weeks.  I have waited 11 years to get a backyard that I want to entertain in!!!

10.  It's almost Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo - can't wait to see the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your mani-pedi! :)

    I'm gonna have to try that chocolate PB2... I have heard SO many great reviews, feels criminal that I haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to try this PB2, I hear too much good about it not to try it! Sounds great.
    Have fun on your little spa day, totally jealous I love a pedi, they feel amazing.
    How exciting you will break into the 150's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of stumble upon, so just went and checked it out, hello!!! I think I'm already addicted :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing great!!! Wow on the half marathon-- I did a few of those back in my 20's and they were fun.
    Rock on.

    ReplyDelete