Saturday, September 3, 2011

Don't Hate Me But....

I have to vent.....just a little, teensy, tiny bit.............is that ok?  are you still with me? 

Last week I was in desperate need of an unfill b/c apparently my body was SUPER PISSED that the dr. put fluid in my band.  (I think it was kinf of like that picture of the baby.)  Remember, he did take out half of the fluid.  I am sitting at 2cc now which he says is just enough to fill the port line and the silicon band barely......but not do anything.  Well, I am no longer in pain. Yipee!  I can drink water freely....gulp it even. Yipee!  Unfortunately, I can eat freely too-- as if I didn't have a band at all.  Now I can hardly wait until the 22nd to get my "first fill do-over" and get a little something in this puppy.  I really just want a bit of restriction....not asking for much but something.  I feel like I have been doing this whole journey on my own merits (w/ help from all of you in blog-o-sphere) and would like a little help please from the ol' band. 

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Here's my 2 cents...follow the bandster rules & log your food. I've been at goal & maintaining w/ just 2cc in my band since May. It takes a lot more head work but it can be done. You'll be OK. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally unfilled for a total of 6 months before I had my band taken out and revision surgery to vsg. I continued to exercise and log my food and keep calories to 1200 a day. I acted like I had a fill just with no reflux and I still lost weight. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am three months out and only have 3 cc in my band. Until a month ago, I had nothing. Sometimes I eat too much; but mostly I follow the band rules and really listen to my body. I have lost 46 lbs. It is hard, but just the band gives some restriction. Really try to eat as little as you can to be satisfied and see if it isn't still a lot less then before you had the band at all.
    Does that help at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do hate you because right below this post is a picture of a huge juicy cheeseburger! (advertisement for one of those daily deals things) MEANIE! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was told that some people reach goal with never getting a fill!

    ReplyDelete