I have been away from my computer for far too long.
I have been reading your posts, commenting...but not as often as I should..... but where has my motivation to write gone??? who knows?
I am dedicating this TTT to update all of you on my weird pains....stomach- back-side pain...is this a band slip type situtaion?
1. had a total unfill about a month ago.
2. Upper GI came back fine. No slip...yippee
3. Had an abdominal ultrasound to check things out....everyone seemed to be leaning towards the gallbladder acting up.
4. Ultrasound came back great! Had the doc who read the ultrasound, the GP, and my surgeon all confused.
5. Apparently, nothing is wrong with me......except for the weird 9-12 hour episodes of horrible pain and the chills 3 different times over May and June. But nothing seems to be wrong.
6. found out my stoma can hold 24 cc in volume. Surgeon says that's a bit on the small size...30 cc is the norm. Really though...who out there knows how big their stoma is?? Could this account for the crazy reaction I have to the slightest fill? Is this why eating even a 1/2 cup of food when I was filled would be impossible? He also said something else was on the small size in diameter. Hmmmmm.
7. Right now I have 1.5 cc in my band and I think the most I will ever get to is going to be 2.5 cc in a 10 cc band. Crazy huh? I just can't seem to have much in the band with out it slamming shut. (also see #8)
8. Why so little in the band? Reason #1: Well, after a very scary month of being completely UNFILLED, I was able to fight my food addiction and not gain any weight. It was actually kind of scary though. I did have one binge...not too bad...but the event scared me b/c I could have completely gone back to my old ways. It was hard to keep things in check because I could eat whatever I wanted! Reason #2 I am about 2.5 lbs away from my goal weight of 140. No need to get myself into some crazy pain & stuck episodes for 2.5 measly pounds.
9. Unfortunately, those 2.5 lbs are taunting me. Up and down the scale goes but so far, except for that one HORRIBLE day when I couldn't eat a thing and weighed 140 the next day, that scale will not move below 142. I am not hung up on the number really, but that 140 magical number is my goal and why be content to stop trying this close to it???
10. my BMI is a 26 according to my surgeon. Am I normal and healthy yet????
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!