Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Where oh where have I been???

Hello there.  I am back.

From where you ask?

Who the heck knows!!!  I have been busy---you have too I am sure of it.  Just didn't feel like posting I guess.  Didn't have much to report.  I did keep reading your posts though.

Here's the scoop on the last few weeks:

1.  got an unfill on April 24th...had a couple weeks now to get used to it.  I think I am at perfect restriction.  I literally can eat fruit and veggies again.  Portions are between 1/2 to 1 cup for a meal.  Satiatied for about 3 hours at a time.  Having "head hunger" which is not fun but it's better than no "head hunger" and feeling miserable all of the time from being too tight.

2.  weight has bounced around.  I gained 2 lbs. back right away after getting the unfill.  I think my body just wanted to hold on to EVERY single calorie.  I was right back on track until this weekend....I was somehow involved in a lot of drinking activities over 4 days.   I am good to go today.

3.  I told my dr. when I got the unfill that "I wanted to do more of the work and the band to do less."  That may sound strange but when I was too tight I couldn't workout hard, I hated eating because I knew pain would follow, my stomach was a mess,  I was tired,  etc.  He did understand that and said he regretted getting me too tight in the first place.  Well, I certainly got my request.  I do feel like I have to do the work but am getting a little help from my band.  I have been hitting the gym hard and trying to eat lots of veg and protein.

4.  People at work keep saying that I just get "skinnier and skinnier every time they see me."  I haven't lost in a few weeks but I will take the compliments.

5.  147 lbs.  Just 7 lbs to goal.  One day at a time.

Hope all is well with you!

3 comments: